Welcome to Chinese Dual Language Immersion!
We are pleased to introduce Chinese DLI Distance Learning Lessons for Elementary grades 1-6. Please note that these lessons are designed for independent learning with no teacher monitoring.
We hope this will be helpful in advancing your child’s Mandarin Chinese Education during these unprecedented times as our students learn at home.
- Level Chinese Online Platform Guide (For all Grade Levels)
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grade
- Sixth Grade
Our distance learning lessons are based on the Mandarin Matrix literacy curriculum. This is the same curriculum that students attending In-Person classes are using. In addition to these lessons, there are various resources available on the MMX Online Platform which your child should have a license for. If you need help logging in, please contact your school district for your child’s login information. The classroom teacher will need to assign the stories to your students to be able to access them.
How many lessons each month?
There will be two units uploaded to this Canvas page. Once on the 15th and once on the 30th. Each unit will include 5 lessons, totaling 10 lessons per month. Each lesson will include the following:
- A short calendar time for oral language practice
- Learning Intentions for the lesson. English translations for the intentions are included under the “Success Criteria” portion.
- A video lesson with direct instruction from a teacher
- Student engagement activities that will vary by lesson. This includes Reading and Writing practices such as: Read-Alouds with the Teacher, Nearpod Lessons and simple writing projects throughout the year.
- Family Sharing Section to extend and reinforce learning.
We welcome your feedback and hope you and your child can continue to enjoy the Chinese Dual Language Immersion experience!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or feedback.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Utah Chinese Dual Language Immersion Director